Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer Vacation DIES HARD


Took a break when things got busy in the summer, but that's over, in a big way!  Let the fall begin, I present to you... six challenges!  :)

Color Me Scrappy #10

The color scheme this time around was a unique garden-cactus-inspired one.


We had just taken these photos of the Bean, and they worked perfectly, and even better, I was able to shop my own stash for most of the supplies:


My husband called me out when I got home: I spelled Mijita wrong!  Sorry, my Spanish spelling isn't so great.  


The ladies at Scrapfit challenged us to use the words "I remember".  I began with my new best friend, Picasa, and blurred the edges of the photo, to ramp up that old memory feel.


The colors are more purple than brown in real life, but you get the idea.  I LOVE this ribbon, I now own it in two colors, as this page was the perfect excuse to buy more.  What I don't love: glitter.  The letters are the kind that are sticky on both sides, so you can add any color glitter, and then stick them on your page.  I used "holographic" glitter (I guess that crafty for clear? white? silver?).  And now that glitter is EVERYWHERE: my clothes, my bag, my scrapbook.  I have no choice with the unused portion of the letters, they will have to be holographic because it's all over the place.  I used a paint brush to get as much off of the page as possible for this picture.  When I was complaining about it, a friend told me about this post on Pinterest:
Amen to that.

ScrapFit #74

A challenge to work with this sketch:

And this is my contribution:


My journaling is barely visible in the scan... ah well, the better to hide my despicable handwriting!


The challenge for the beginning of the month was to scrap a pet; really quite serendipitous, since my 10 year old pug was just recently diagnosed with cancer and given a couple months to live.  So I've been taking lots of pictures of him, the sweet old thing.  Here he is:

Love this bandana paper!  And I played with a little distressing ink around the borders, which I never do.  Now I want the little distressing tool to artfully tear the edges of paper.  Weaseled my way into another purchase.  :)


And for their next one, this sketch!


My take:


Isn't she Hardcore!  And so fresh and clean.  

Punky Scraps #50

My fav for the week, a challenge to use this picture as inspiration:

I loved being pushed out of my comfort zone with this, and am really excited about the result.


Not to mention it's a sentiment I hope the Bean really takes with her.  

Til next time...

6 comments:

  1. All of your layouts are gorgeous! I especially love the one you did for us. ;) Lovely, indeed! Thank you for playing along with Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layouts really nice work! Thank you for playing with CMS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all of your layouts are great. I love how your daughters dress matches the CMS color palette. Thanks for playing along with Color me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts - all of them :) sorry to hear about your pug :(
    Love the layout you did for PS - its so elegant, simple and the photos and sentiment just match the beauty of the while page. Perfect :-)

    Ps. With you in the glitter thing - that pic is so so true!!! Nat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surfing and found your calm and whimsical take for PS. It's a great page where you see how you got inspired by the pic. And isn't it great to challenge oneself out of one's comfort zone? You can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages and such sweet pics!

    ReplyDelete