Tuesday, September 11, 2012

One for each kid!

Taking this chance (while my kids do the magical double nap - SCORE!) to post these.  From my laptop on my front porch swing, in the GORGEOUS fall weather.  Lucky me, all around.

Two challenges, and turns out, one for each kid!  :)  You'd think I had no life... BUT last weekend I had a girls weekend, so I'll scrap some of that later this week, so we can all take a break from my kids.

Color Me Scrappy #11

Love these late summer colors:


 Especially the multiple grays; so elegant!  I swear I would decorate my house in these colors... if I could afford to redecorate my house.  Here's my entry for the challenge:

Does it make you want a Freeze Pop?  :)

Again I got to buy something I've wanted for awhile, the gray ruffle.  I also cut a piece of the ruffle to make the yo-yo in the corner. 

ScrapFit Workout #75

The challenge with this one was to use twine in a creative way.  Their design team had some GREAT inspiring ideas; I especially liked the way that Lynn and Leah wrapped letters with twine.  It got me thinking, is there any other way I could make letters with twine.  So this is where that got me:


Thanks for the spark of inspiration ladies!  Once again, thanks to both of these challenges, I went where I know I couldn't have gone thanks to you!

8 comments:

  1. you did an amazing job writing your title in twine! I have tried that and it's not easy, I have to practice more...love the photo and the ribbon is a sweet touch! lucky you, double nap and enjoying the fall weather, sounds divine! thanks for playing along with us at Scrapfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts! Love your greys. thanks for playing along with Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! Cute blog!!
    What a cute photo and great job with the twine!
    Thanks for working out with us at ~ScrapFIT~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page and grea title! Super cute. I love the B&W photos! I need to use more of those! Thanks for joing Color Me Scrappy this go around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is adorable---I love the twine word---also, the photo is too cute! Thanks for working out with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the ruffle on a boy page. and the black and whites work well with the color challenge. thanks for playing with color me scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flowers and the ruffle! Such a cute pic! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable layout!!! I love the simplicity of the accents ... they really put the attention on your photo! That twine title rocks too! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFit!

    ReplyDelete