Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fair!

The state fair was a great success!  My cake took third place in its category (Novelty Design), and my scrapbook page entry took an Honorable Mention in the "Babies & Kids" category.  Very nice!  Here's me and my ribbons for posterity.


Now that all that craziness has moved on, I'm back to peacefully scrapping!  Here's this week's contributions...

Color-Me-Scrappy #14

Love the colors!  So bright and joyful, and perfect for our trip to the FAIR.  (It's the ongoing theme in my life this month, excuse me.)  And like the fair, I took the opportunity to be about as subtle as a sledgehammer.


It also gave me a chance to use these crazy cute bird stickers that I've hoarded for just the right moment.  

My Creative Sketches - October 

I started in on this sketch with this photo, not realizing how nicely the "Three Generations" idea fit in with the repeating threes on the sketch.  Serendipity takes such good care of me!


I'm thinking of framing this one up for my mum- she hasn't even seen the photos yet!  She complained a lot on that day about the photographer shooting too low; she didn't want anything below her bust to show up on the pictures.  Maybe a nice layout will make her let it go?

One more bit of good news: the ladies at Punky Scraps chose my September contribution as their fav for that challenge!  Thanks a million!  That layout was one of my most favorite this year.  It's amazing what you produce when inspired and driven out of your comfort zone!

11 comments:

  1. such a cute page, love how the colors in the photo go along with the challege too. thanks for playing with CMS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! so colorfull banner! Thanks for playing at CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun banner! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take on the sketch... Thanks for playing along..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for this challenge and congrats on the cake win! That for your dedication at Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 3 generations layout! Your clean and simple sytle is gorgeous and you tell your Mom she is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at MCS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page...thanks for playing along with My Creative Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 3 generations layout! The three flowers work perfectly with the photo and theme of the layout. It is simple and beautiful! THanks for joining ust a MCS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page! Congrats on ur fair wins too! Thanx for playing at My Creative Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute page!! love the pop of color against the black!! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete