Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Begin-a-Blog

Let's start off this blog in a lovely cliche way... a quote!

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step"  - Lao Tzu

oooh, or how about this one:  "There is a woman at the beginning of all great things." - Alphonse de Lamartine

One step... check.  One woman...check.  I think we can begin.

I had a very loose idea in my head for a layout from pictures I took at the Got to Be NC Festival a couple weeks ago.  The pictures had such a great sense of motion and whimsy, I was really looking forward to scrapping them out.  Then I saw a call from Scrapstreet looking for "Sweetly Simple" layouts that "showcase a minimalist style."  Put it together, and I came up with:


I'm really enthusiastic about this layout, although getting a good picture was a challenge.  First I used the Truly Amazing Scanner at Archiver's, but for the first time ever, it didn't give me a good image.  It picked up a lot of the watermarking on the page, and you couldn't see the birds at all.  So then I had to fuss with my camera and iPhoto, and in the end, maybe the colors aren't perfectly true, but I got it on the web! 

Yes, that is The Nugget's (my son) first ride on a carnival swing.  And yes, the Barbecue at the Fair was to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment