Thursday, May 31, 2012

Color-Me-Scrappy #4

REFRESHED!

Had my weekly visit to Archiver's (aka, scrapbook wonderland) with my scrapfriend, Star (see her blog here).  Hoowhee, did I need it; about an hour before heading there, my son and I had the following conversation:

Nugget: (upset that it was time to turn off the TV and go to school) "But this is MY TV, mama."
Me: "oh!  You bought this TV for yourself?"
Nugget: "no..."
Me: "well, then it's our family's TV and it's time to turn it off and go to school"
Nugget: "I'm sick of this crap, mama."
Me: "What did you say?"
Nugget: (looking at me with most innocent face EVER) "I didn't say nothing, mama."
*pause*
Nugget: "I said I'm sick of clapping mama."

Yes, he's 3 going on 13.

Anyway, if you want to find me on Thursdays, I'm usually in Archiver's cropping room, chatting and munching chips with the other Thursday regulars, getting our craft on.  I used to get all stressed out about how many pages I got done during these visits, and having something to show for my time, staying on top of things, to try to feel less guilty about having a day off, but now, I just enjoy my time.  If I get two pages done, oh well, I still enjoyed myself.  I have other hobbies that, as much as I enjoy them, drive me semi-crazy (cake decorating: basically me and my entire kitchen covered in powdered sugar, totally pissed that I can't get the fondant to lay flat at the bottom of the cake).  Scrapbooking is my zen hobby.  Well, as zen as I get, anyway.

This week's page is for Color-Me-Scrappy.  I've participated in each of their challenges, and I think their format is pretty cool.  It's really amazed me how much inspiration you can draw from just a few swatches of color!

The colors this time around were perfect for our annual visit to the strawberry farm earlier this month.  So, two birds one stone, I guess: a challenge entry and a page for the Nugget's scrapbook!

5 comments:

  1. Great Layout! Thanks for playing along with Color me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the little strawberries.
    Thank you for playing along with Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, that story is hilarious! I love the spunk that little ones can get ... and how quickly they back down when questioned about it! Love the page, too ... I'm totally addicted to banners right now ... I really LOVE your green background ... the shape is unusual and works perfectly here (that doodle paper is pretty darn cute, too!). Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!thanks for playing with us at CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol kids say the weirdest things! Great layout! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete