Thursday, June 21, 2012

OH MY GOD it's HOT.  Guess the summer is HERE!  Which means, for the Nugget, two things: he gets to wear his swimsuit to day camp any day he wants, and he gets to wear nothing when it rains!


This layout was for a challenge at My Creative Sketches, whose sketch of the month looked like this:
My Scrapfriend Star was glad I substituted stars for the butterflies and flowers, because I LOVE butterflies and flowers and she HATES when I put them on my son's pages.  :)  Hey, I'd love if he eventually likes the scrapbooks that I've put together, but let's face it, they're probably for me.  At least until he's 30-something or has kids of his own.  And I like flowers. 

My other layout is for Color-Me-Scrappy's Sixth Challenge.  I loved this color scheme; you could go kind of punk rock/80's pop with it if you wanted. 

When I saw this picture, then this paper, this song popped into my head, and it all came together!


So delish!  Now, how long before that damn song is out of my head?

11 comments:

  1. So sweet banner!!!realy original!thanks for playing with us at CMS...I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the candy banner, what a clever idea! Great take on the palette, this layout is adorable! Thanks for playing along over at CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both layouts look great :o) Good luck with your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those 80's and now I will never get that song out of my head - great job on the layout. Thanks for playing along with Color me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute page!! Thanks for playing along with My Creative Scrapbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages! They r so fun! Thanx for playing at My Creative Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages, im sure he'll love it flowers and all
    http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/productive-weekend.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous page. It's wonderful how you tied everything together... the title, the candy banner, and the little cupcake. Thanks for joining us at Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stitching and the banner is so so cute! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page love the stitching, thank you for playing with CMS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that fun candy banner. Such a sweet picture!
    Thank you for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete